Sixty-Six: Coming November 2 to Amazon and Other Online Retailers

Sixty-Six: Coming November 2 to Amazon and Other Online Retailers
Click the banner for ARC sign up!

Friday, July 31, 2026

Newsletter Issue #2

I still haven't gotten the hang of this newsletter idea but this seems like a safe place to fail at it until I figure it out, so here's my second-ever attempt at a newsletter style post!

๐ŸŒŸSo what's the news then?๐ŸŒŸ

Well, for starters, today is the first day of a group promo that I organized myself! Announcing the kick-off of the...

Funny, Weird & Unhinged Cross-Genre Indie Fiction: On now! July 31 - September 1

This one's for the book reviewers! If you're looking for something a little bit unexpected, something different, a book that defies easy categorization, then look no further! Click the link or banner to check out this oddball selection of misfit indie books! 


The thing with these group promos is that even just clicking the link is a great way to support me and the other participating indie authors.

๐ŸŒŸWhat else...๐ŸŒŸ

Oh, today is also the last day for the Smashwords Summer Sale - so I guess that's not really new, it's old, but it's worth mentioning!

Smashwords Summer/Winter 2026 Sale: On now! July 1 - 31

Click the link to go directly to my book listing for Maladaptive, on sale for free during this event. To go to the main Smashwords sale page, click here.


๐ŸŒŸIn non-promo news...๐ŸŒŸ

But still related to book reviews...

I don't know if I mentioned this at all. Actually, I don't think I did, and I think that's because it has taken me some time to process it. Good news of this type always does that to me, because I'm absolutely the worst at accepting compliments, LOL.

But it's worth mentioning - and celebrating! I'm really trying to allow myself to experience and feel the good things when they happen.

Maladaptive received a second 5-star review on Goodreads! Actually 4.75 but that's as good as a 5 star review in my book! And I'm so grateful for the warm, kind, and generous words from the reviewer.


I'm utterly verklempt. Thank you, lovely reviewer. You have made me so happy. I'm so glad you loved my book and that you were compelled to share your wonderful impressions.

๐ŸŒŸAlso...๐ŸŒŸ

I guess this is kind of promo-related but really it's just something really cool... Maladaptive was included in Indie Author Fan Club's Indie Books with Older Main Characters feature on Instagram ๐Ÿ˜„


๐ŸŒŸSixty-Six Stuff๐ŸŒŸ

Not really news, I guess, but revisions are ongoing and I'm starting to think about the next steps and set my sights on a publishing date (I'm thinking late October). There is a lot to do before then, aside from finishing manuscript revisions, like finalizing the cover and the blurb, applying for an ISBN, and starting an ARC review campaign. Lessons learned from Maladaptive... definitely try to get reviews prior to publishing, LOL. 

I know it probably seems fast for me to try and publish Sixty-Six in October, but considering I first wrote it in 2018, it's actually been a long time coming. And the fact that it somehow came alive again on a year ending in "6" feels a bit magical. So yeah, that might be driving me to get it out before the end of the year.

๐ŸŒŸOn a personal note...๐ŸŒŸ

I'll be taking a short vacation to visit family back home, so won't be online much for the next several days. Until then... Read, Write, and Be Happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Instagram